Memory Lane

Hello Dear, I’m back. I took some much needed “me time” to refresh. Of course you missed me. Sorry to leave you wondering if I was gone for good. Did you see Pete Davidson’s new Netflix special? He has a whole bit about his irl stalker. Good stuff, although he’s certainly not following the “grey rock” protocol. I suppose you can relate. His love interest looks a lot like Mindy Kaling, don’t you think? Maybe Mindy will play her in the made for TV movie about their love affair. I do so hope their love wins!

I’ve been going through a lot of my old blogs, the ones I made specifically for you. It’s been fantastic to reminisce. I loved writing back and forth to myself, pretending to be you, then writing as someone who sounded like they could be me, then writing as all the "evil" people I had involved to help me "gangstalk" you. Hahahaha, it really is such a genius set up. Pity it must remain a secret! Well, only kind of, I get to share the genius of my design here and it does appear I have some fans who check regularly, so that feels validating.

I have really been working on my writing style, my realism. I realize in the beginning a lot of what helped you peg me was that my writing was dripping with misogyny, my female characters sounded bubble-headed and vapid. Of course that’s fairly accurate, but many women are good at hiding that, so I’ve integrated that aspect of real life. I remember the all male team of writers from Seinfeld saying they didn’t know how to write Elaine. They decided to just write her as they would a man. She was a delightful character! I’ve adopted that technique and I feel it’s helping with the believability in my fables. I certainly am believing them!

Anyway, just a little hello to check in. I’ve been posting screenshots from my old Tumblrs on this blog so if you want to walk down memory lane with me, pop in. xoxo

Comments